Fresh Vegetables

My mother came down to Toronto this weekend and we did so many lovely things. We did not garden, but we did go to a few farmers markets and the vegetables have been looking so beautiful. As I've mentioned before, I live in little Portugal, on the second floor of an old brick house, but the backyard is used by the land lord's mother. She is a lovely Portuguese lady that is evidently an amazing gardener. If I'm lucky enough to see her in the garden, she always gives me some fresh vegetables! So I just felt that I had to take some photographs of it! I'm wearing a skirt that I made last year from beautiful organic cotton. I have made so many things out of that material: last night I used a scrap of it as a scarf. If you live in Toronto, I bought it from designer fabrics on Brock.  Anyway, pretend gardening, this is the closest I'll get to becoming Marie Antoinette.

2 comments:

  1. You look so very at home in the garden that I'd never have guessed it was 'pretend' gardening! The print of the fabric is beautiful - as are you, especially against the soft turquoise door of the first image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did do a lot of weeding for my mother when I was a girl, so maybe that helped? And thanks for the compliment, means a lot coming from such a babe ; )

      Delete